Daylong Contemporary Music Festival for Pianists in Grades 7-12
March 5 at the Silver Center for the Arts
- 9 a.m. A competition for grades 7-12 participants;
- 11 a.m. A public lecture recital on music of the 21st century for two pianos, eight hands, performed by the PSU Piano Quartet;
- 1:15 p.m. A seminar with Professor Jonathan Santore on careers in music;
- 2 p.m. A master class for pre-college pianists with Professor Carleen Graff;
- 3:15 p.m. A public concert by winners of the morning competition.
These festival events are free and open to the public.